Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Howdy, Stranger



Okay, so I wish I had a better excuse for not updating this blog. You know, something along the lines of, “I’m too busy to blog because Milo’s baby modeling career has really taken off,” or better yet, “I’m too busy to blog because I’m flying to New York to discuss the details of my multi-million dollar business venture.” But really, as you have probably already figured out, the reality is far,far less glamorous (and far,far less profitable). My daily activities include trying to convince Milo that his napping in the crib (or just napping) is better for everyone (an excellent cardiovascular activity, if you’re wondering), and convincing Maggie that licking Milo ALL OVER HIS FACE is not okay. And, as of 30 seconds ago, you can add “trying to convince Milo that drinking from the dog’s water bowl is also NOT OKAY.”

Here’s a little slice of my day: it took me 1 1/2 hours to puree Milo's sweet potatoes today. No, this does not include the suggested one-hour baking time. The lovely Annabel Karpel, author of “100 Baby Purees” (really? 100? Each with a different recipe?) will confidently tell you that the preparation time for this puree is “none.” I can confidently tell you that Ms. Karpel does not have an 8-month-old who just escaped from his gated fortress and is hightailing it down the hallway. Again and again.

Anyway, now that the sweet potatoes have been pureed and are securely nestled in their ice cube trays, I promise to at least think about updating this blog more often.

And in case you’re wondering, Milo did not actually drink from the dog bowl. Of course I scooped him up before his eager little body got to it. Come on, people, even I’m not that lax. Ed, on the other hand…who knows what happens when I’m not around?

No comments:

Post a Comment